Final Fantasy 7 - Materia
Materia can be equipped to your characters and it is the known system
of Magic in Final Fantasy VII. The purpose of Materia is ultimately
for support in battle; This support can be offensive of defensive
What is a Materia?
- Materia can be equipped to any character at any time as long as
enough Materia slots are provided
- Certain weapons and armor change Materia slots (E.G increase given slots).
- Materia can lessen Character HP (Health Points)
- It is best to not equip and random, you should know your characters
and which Materia they possess in order to be more beneficial to you
and your strategy while in battle.
- Materia can be linked to other Materia (For instance, Barrier
Materia can be linked to All Materia in order for the specified
character to cast Barrier on Multiple (all) party members in battle.
The energy from which Materia forms originates in the Lifestream, a
river of spiritual energy coursing through the now dying Planet in
Final Fantasy VII. Aside from this energy's application in the
creation of materia, it can also be drawn out of the earth to be
harnessed as a source of electrical energy called Mako Energy.
Complete listing of all the materia in the game, along with the MP, Location and AP needed for the materia to level up.