- Beginning Limit Break. Cloud leaps and splits apart an single enemy
with a powerful slash. This attack is extremely useful against many starting
- Unlocked after using Braver eight times. Cloud performs multiple
devastating slashes on a single enemy. The enemy may be left paralyzed if it is
not defeated by the move.
-Unlocked after defeating eighty opponents with Cloud. Massive surges
of energy emit from Cloud's sword and assault a single enemy. Smaller amounts
for energy then spill out and attack weaker enemies in the surrounding area.
This is a perfect Limit Break to use on groups of enemies.
- Unlocked after using Blade Beam seven times. Cloud impales an
enemy then jumps into the air and inflicts massive damage. This is a great Limit
to use throughout the game.
- Unlocked after killing 160 opponents with Cloud. Cloud leaps into
the air and summons a rain of meteors to crash down onto a group of enemies.
This attack should be used against a group of weaker enemies or against a single
enemy, where it can cause devastating damage.
- Unlocked after using Meteorain six times. Cloud produces a
towering twister that hurls a group of enemies into the vortex. Most enemies
will immediately be defeated while others will suffer great damage. This Limit
should be used against groups of enemies.
- Located at the Battle Area; get 32,000 points and buy it there. This
is Cloud's most devastating Limit. Cloud attacks a single or group of enemies
with several critical sword slashes, inflicting massive damage on all enemies.
- Beginning Limit Break. A huge ball of energy shoots from Barret's gun
and hits a single enemy for a huge amount of damage. This is very useful for the
initial stages of the game.
- Unlocked after using Big Shot nine times. A blue ball of energy is
hurled from Barret's gun and depletes all of a single enemy's magic points. This
is extremely effective against enemies which rely heavily on magic.
- Unlocked after defeating eighty enemies with Barrett. Barrett
shoots a grenade into the attacking force, inflicting a good amount of damage to
- Unlocked after using Grenade Bomb seven times. Barrett blasts an
enemy into space with a devastating punch. It inflicts no damage but can eject
an enemy from battle; useless against bosses.
- Unlocked after defeating 160 enemies with Barrett. Barrett
summons destructive beams to come raining down from space and assault all
enemies. This Limit causes great damage against a group of enemies.
- Unlocked after using Satellite Beam six times. Barrett loads up and
guns the enemies down with countless shells from his gun. The attack is weaker
than Satellite Beam but hits the opposition more times.
- Located in North Corel in the middle hut on the west side of town.
A lady where will give Cloud after Meteor has been summoned. Barrett levitates
over the opponents and fires a powerful plasma blast down onto them. This is
Barrett's greatest Limit; it is best used against a group of enemies but can
also be devastating against a single opponent.
When Tifa performs her Limit, a slot machine-type mechanism appears on the
screen and the player must use it to combine her Limits into one powerful
attack. Selecting a "Hit!" will inflict average damage; a "Yeah!!!" will inflict
great damage, and a "Miss" will simply skip over that part of the Limit. Connect
the attacks together to move up the "Levels" of the Limit Break chain.
- Beginning Limit Break. Tifa uses her martial arts to perform a rapid
combo attack against a single enemy.
- Unlocked after using Beat Rush nine times. Tifa performs a flipping
jump, adding it onto the combo before it.
- Unlocked after defeating 80 enemies with Tifa. Tifa kicks an enemy
with a wave of water appearing as well, adding some elemental damage.
- Unlocked using Waterkick seven times. Tifa picks up her opponent and
slams it down to the ground.
- Unlocked after defeating 160 enemies with Tifa. Tifa performs a
vicious uppercut and a dolphin splashes out of no where for some fun.
- Unlocked by using Dolphin Blow six times. Basically same thing
as Meteodive, except Tifa throws her enemy down to the ground instead of coming
back down with it.
- Located at Tifa's house in Nibelheim on the second and third
disc. Go play the piano and input the following code: X, Square, Triangle,
R1+Triangle, R1+Square, X, Square, Triangle, R1+X, Circle, X, Square, X. You'll
receive a sheet note with Final Heaven inside. Tifa creates a massive force of
energy with her fists and unleashes it onto all enemies.
- Beginning Limit Break. All party members are healed up to half of
their full heath.
- Unlocked after using Healing Wind six times. Aeris casts a spell on
the enemies, inflicting them with Stop and Silence.
Breath of the Earth
- Unlocked after defeating 80 enemies with Aeris. A beam of
light appears and heals the party of any negative status ailments.
- Unlocked after using Breath of the Earth seven times. This Limit
fills up the other two party member's Limit gauges.
- Unlocked after defeating 160 enemies with Aeris. Aeris
surrounds the party with a protective barrier, making them invulnerable for a
short amount of time.
Pulse of Life
- Unlocked after using Planet Protector six times. This Limit
heals all party members of status ailments and also completely fills their HP
and MP gauges.
- This Limit must be acquired on the first disc; you'll see why at
the end. To get it, you must have defeated a total number of enemies where the
last two digits are the same (i.e., 322 or 788). Once you do so, go east of Junon and follow the river until you find a cave up north. Inside you'll find an
old man, and if the number of enemies you defeated ends with the same digit then
you'll receive a piece of Mythril (in some cases it will not work for whatever
reason; if you have a problem either go outside, defeat 1 enemy and try again or
keep fighting until you reach a number with the same digits at the end again and
go back to check with the old man). Once you get the Mythril, go to the weapon
seller's house to the right of the Gold Saucer and give the seller the Mythril,
then go open the safe on the second floor to receive the Great Gospel. This
Limit Break makes all party members invulnerable and restores their HP and MP.
- Beginning Limit Break. Red XIII charges at a single opponent and
causes a great deal of damage.
- Unlocked after using Sled Fang nine times. A mystic light covers
the party and Haste is cast upon the party members. Very useful until the "Time"
Materia is acquired.
- Unlocked after defeating 80 enemies with Red XIII. Basically the
same attack as Sled Fang except a bit stronger, and also recovers a little of
Red XIII's HP and MP.
- Unlocked after using Blood Fang eight times. Red XIII howls,
causing a group of stars to crash down onto all the enemies.
- Unlocked after defeating 160 enemies with Red XIII. A full moon
appears and causes Red XIII to be consumed with rage, casting Berserk and Haste
on him for the remainder of the battle. Although this gives him more strength
and speed, you lose control over him for the rest of the battle as well, so be
aware of the effects.
- Unlocked after using Howling Moon six times. With a great howl, Red
XIII assaults the enemies with 5 elemental attacks.
- Located at the Shinra Mansion. You must open the safe on the
second floor with the following combination: Right 36, Left 10, Right 59, Right
97. The boss Lost Number will appear and you will need to defeat it to receive
Cosmo Memory. Red XIII summons a gigantic fireball that explodes, engulfing the
enemies in a huge bath of plasma.
- Beginning Limit Break. Cid jumps into the air and comes crashing
down on a single enemy's head.
- Unlocked after using Boost Jump nine times. Cid takes out a stick of
dynamite and hucks it at the opponents. Very useful for groups early on.
- Unlocked after defeating 80 enemies with Cid. Cid leaps into the
air and comes down striking the group with his spear, causing a huge explosion
that damages all enemies.
- Unlocked after using Hyper Jump eight times. Cid calls forth a dragon
to attack a single enemy and also drains the HP and MP back to Cid.
- Unlocked after defeating 160 enemies with Cid. Cid jumps multiple
times on a group of enemies with his spear, causing an explosion after each
pounce that damages the targeted enemy.
- Unlocked after using Dragon Dive seven times. Cid jumps into the
opponent's group and slashes them several times. The attacks weaken after each
slash, but they hit more times than Dragon Dive.
- Located in the downed Gelnika plane off the coast of the Gold Saucer.
Go to the cargo bay and you'll find it there. Cid calls the Highwind to come
help in battle, and it drops a barrage of missiles down onto the enemies. Very
effective against groups and single enemies.
- Beginning Limit Break. Yuffie attacks a single opponent,
inflicting great damage. A solid starting Limit.
- Unlocked after using Greased Lightning eight times. A blue
barrier surrounds the party and restores a small portion of HP.
- Unlocked after defeating eighty enemies with Yuffie. Yuffie causes
an earthquake beneath her enemies, greatly damaging all of them. Great against
groups of enemies.
- Unlocked after using Landscaper seven times. Yuffie assaults her
opponents with a barrage of 10 hits. Effective against groups of enemies or a
- Unlocked after defeating 160 enemies with Yuffie - Yuffie creates a
blue vortex around her enemies, causing great damage to them all. Very useful
against groups of opponents.
Doom of the Living
- Unlocked after using Gauntlet six times. Similar to Bloodfest, Yuffie moves around and strikes her opponents numerous times.
Stronger than Bloodfest.
- Acquired when defeating Godo, Yuffie's father, at Wutai during
Yuffie's side quest. Yuffie summons a destructive beam of light to crash down on
her enemies. Devastating against a single enemy or groups of enemies.
- Beginning Limit Break. Cait Sith throws 1 to 6 dice onto the battle field
(how many depends on level), and the resulting roll determines how much damage
is done to the enemy. The Limit becomes stronger as the game progresses.
- Unlocked after using Dice 8 times. A slot machine appears and many
different outcomes may occur. Some for example:
- 3 Stars = Mog Dance - A tiny mog pops up and restores HP, MP, and removes any
status effects from the party.
- 3 Kings = Toy Soldier - 6 little soldiers appear and attack the enemies.
- 3 Bars = Summon - A random summon is called forth to attack the opponents
- 3 Mogs = Transform - Cait Sith enlarges into a huge version of himself; the
party disappears until the end of the battle and have their HP reduced to 3333
and MP reduced to 333; only Cait Sith gets experience during the battle.
- 3 Hearts = Lucky Girl - The party's hit percentage becomes 100.
- 2 Cait Sith + 1 Bar = Death to All - The entire party faints...very rare but
sucks when you get it.
- 3 Caith Sit = Instant Victory - All enemies immediately die.
- Beginning Limit Break. Vincent changes into a beast-like creature
and uses fire-based attacks on the enemies.
- Throws several balls of energy that explode on a group of
- Attacks a single enemy with a strong combo.
- Unlocked after defeating sixty enemies with Vincent. Vincent
changes into a Frankenstein-type thing and attacks with lightning-based
- Punches a single enemy with a hard shot.
- Uses an electric shock to attack a group of enemies.
- Unlocked after defeating 120 enemies with Vincent. Vincent changes
into a guy with a chainsaw with a hockey mask looking just like he came out of a
horror movie. He attacks with the chainsaw and can also inflict negative status
- Attacks a single enemy five times with his chainsaw.
- A single enemy is inflicted with several status ailments, including
Sleep, Mute, Frog, Mini, and Confusion.
- Once you acquired the submarine of Gold Chocobo, go to Lucrecia's Cave
located behind a waterfall in the Nibel area. With Vincent in your party, go
there during Disc 2, then return during Disc 3 and you'll receive the Limit.
Vincent changes into a massive winged creature that attacks with non-elemental
- Assaults all enemies with a great fire blast.
- A huge skull appears beneath the enemies and either instantly
defeats them all or causes massive damage with flaming skulls.